Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oh, that hurt!!

Ok this is a reallllll doosey!! I was sitting up on my bathroom counter putting my makeup on, getting ready for church. Dang it! I messed my masscara up and now I look like a raccoon. So directly behind me I turn around and open a drawer that holds q-tips and I turn back around to clean up (leaving the drawer wide open). Man, that was close, I think that if I had let the mascara dry any longer that I would have to start all over. Forgetting that I had left the drawer open, I swing my hole entire body around with enough mommentum to thrust my whole self off the counter when I'm sliding off the counter, straddeling the drawer. At this point, my left knee-pit is sliding over the front corner of the drawer as my right leg is looking for any kind of leverage sliding down off the side edge of the drawer, when finally, my right foot finds the floor that I can lift the other side of my body off the drawer. I hit the floor igknowledging the ooooooooooo I felt and then the sting on the back of my left knee-pit and then a bruising sensation on my right thigh almost instantly. Holy crap!! I'm trying to hold back the tears and just a slight little whimper exuded from my face. Ryan is out in the garage cutting crown molding for the upstairs bathroom when I go to call for him out the back door. I hear a good bit of grumbling from the garage. Ryan comes in a minute later and I said "I really need your help". I turn around and he says, "oh baby, if I had known why you were calling me, I would have come in faster". I had blood seeping through the skin. Dr. Cronin fixed me up. I could not bend my leg for 1 week. Stairs were out of the question. But I still went to church that day.
The weird thing is that the skin never broke open on the back of my leg and as for my right thigh, well I was expecting it to be worse then it ended up being.
Here are the pics to show my "War wound". Enjoy friends.

No comments: